The Gods offer their Gems to mortals who excel. These Divine gifts bestow wondrous talents and mark forever the holder as one who proved themselves worthy to contend for that greatest of prizes, Ordination.
The great cities of Avalon mark their domination by fighting strength, the wealth of their coffers, and the battlefield.
Now, a new contest is born. One which pays homage to the spirit of personal best touched by the Gods, and calls to the core of vicious competitive spirit, loyalty, and fervent brotherhood in each city: THE OLYMPICS.
An epic contest, offering glory on the fair and even playing field. Every city will strive to obtain the prize: acknowledgement that her competitors are unparalled in all the land. The contest comprises of multiple events played out across several days. Combat, wit, speed, and cunning all play a part.
For each event, the city must field a team of competitors. The amount of competitors allowed for each team is detailed with the event announcement. Any Avalon player is welcome to participate. You must align yourself with a city and be declared a member of that city's team by that city's arbitrator. Cities may 'borrow' citiless players, or even recruit team members from other cities.
Each city appoints an arbitrator. These four individuals form the board of mortal judges governing the declaration of teams, and the settlement of any disputes in scoring or unfair play. Each city shall present an Arbitrator for each event, who is unable to participate in the event. Should the board be unable to settle a dispute, then assistance will be petitioned from the Divine judge.
Individual event types and rules are detailed below. In general, events will be announced at least one week before being run. All the rules and any special conditions will be called out in the announcement.
EVENT 1: THE FEUD
In this event, teams compete to wipe each other out. The last team with members remaining, wins. Feud Rules:
- Each team can have 8 members.
- Teams will be assigned an outdoor location base. No stockrooms, guildhouses, etc. etc. This is an out in the open fight.
- If you are killed, you are eliminated. Return as soon as possible to the event launch area. Your team must continue without you. "Killed" means first death.
- Points will be awarded as follows: 20 points per kill to the individual. 20 points for last man standing for any team, increased to 50 points for last man standing on last remaining team (last opposition member alive). 100 points to winning team, with 40 points for each player left alive on that team at the end of the contest.
- All points won count toward the team total. For example: Snowlock kills 7 for 140 points, and he and Blodwyn are the only two left of their team at the end, for 40 points each. The last opponent to fall is Zollrender, who scores 50 points for that. Nobody else on Snowlock's team got any kills, so the team total is 140+80+100, or 320.
EVENT 2: TREASURE HUNT
The Treasure Hunt is a combined scavenger hunt and race to the finish. In it, contestants solve clues to reach the locations of hidden 'trophies'. In the trophy location is a clue for the next location, and so on, until the final destination is reached. Treasure Hunt Rules:
- No more than 5 members per team.
- All teams receive the first clue in the chain at the same time.
- Follow the clues to find trophies and win the race.
- DO NOT erase the signs containing clues.
- Your team receives 20 points for each trophy you claim (with 20 available), and the first team to cross the finish line receives 200 points. 100 points are awarded for second place, and 50 for third.
EVENT 3: THE QUIZ
A quiz about the world of Avalon. Quiz Rules:
- No more than 6 members per team.
- Each team will be assigned a location to work in.
- Bug runes, etc or other form of spying is not allowed. You may not leave your team location. Any team member who does will be immediately disqualified
- Each team will have 2 minutes to answer the question. Work together, because you may only submit one answer. If you are correct your team gains a point, if wrong, you lose a point. You may abstain from answering a question.
- Each team will be given 2 jokers. Jokers may be used after the question is issued but before answering to double the bet. If you answer correctly, you double your points for the question. Incorrectly or abstain, lose double the base value of the question.
- Some questions will be worth multiple points, by having a bonus in addition to the normal answer. For purposes of scoring, the bonus is considered a completely separate question and may be answered or abstained from.
- Scoring will be 15 points for each quiz point the team has at the end, with a bonus 150 points for the first place team, 100 for second place, and 50 for third.
EVENT 4: LEADERSHIP'S REVENGE
A team of lesser skilled fighters, one advisor. Who will take down the guards and win all 4 trophies! Leadership Rules:
- Each team will have an experienced player to lead them. The leaders may offer advice, but they may not participate in any other way. All other members of the team must be relatively unskilled. LWs or those just off lw, or inexperienced in their skills. Arbitrators will decide on any 'iffy' candidates.
- A trophy is given to each team to guard. The objective is to kill or steal the other trophies until one team owns them all. The event ends once one team possesses all of the trophies.
- Trophies cannot be placed in backpacks or sacks, cannot be given to ccc's to hold, cannot have runes placed on them, and cannot be taken inside. If this should occur, the trophy will reset to Path Entrance.
- Team member totals will be determined by amount of lw's/players available.
- The winning team will receive 350 points, and the 4 players with the most kills will receive 200/150/100/50 points respectively.
EVENT 5: THE WORLD SERIES
A series of four way fights elimination down to the last four fighters. Last man standing wins. World Series Rules:
- Each city fields 4 players.
- In each round one team member from each team will be chosen to fight the round.
- Rounds are single-elimination combat, with players eliminated as they are reduced to ghosts. The winner of each initial round will compete in a final round to determine the overall winner of the event.
- You get 50 points for eliminating another player, and the final winner of the event receives a bonus of 100 points.