Ministries and Aideships
A ministry is the name given to a specific area of government. Each ministry has special powers relevant to its area of responsibility and is overseen by a minister, a deputy minister, and his or her assistants (known as ministry aides).
- The Ministry of State is the largest ministry and is responsible for most of the everyday city affairs; construction of buildings, operation of civic services, management of personal shops, overall responsibility for the city market stalls and working with the trade ministry to budget and plan accordingly.
- The Ministry of Trade focuses on the city's commodities; overseeing stocks, setting par levels and handling sales and purchases between villages and other citizens.
- The Ministry of Public Relations is concerned with the recruitment, support and ongoing development of young Avalonians.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is responsible for negotiating foreign policy and inter-city relations; it is the only ministry with the power to declare war.
- The Ministry of the Chancellory is in charge of the city economy; overseeing and controlling all city funds.
- The Ministry of Justice is responsible for protecting the homeland; safeguarding city security and training the militia.
- The Ministry of War recruits, trains and leads the city armies.
All citizens are free to seek aideship in all ministries once they have passed beyond a certain age in the land (generally after the first Avalon year has passed). Aides gain numerous ministry-relevant powers and there are a number of ways that juniors can become involved in goverment in all areas.