Crowns: The Hardest Avalon Currency
CROWNS are a form of currency that is used for all 'real money' transactions in Avalon except their own purchase and subscriptions. They are used to pay for bijou artifacts, trinkets, adornments, lesson procurement, micro purchases like consumable equipment, Curiosity Shop services like level boosts, and special offers.
Crowns can be spent immediately, saved for later use or - most commonly - invested into a bank whereupon it will gain interest based on fluctuating exchange rates. Crowns purchased with USD or obtained via subscriptions are also referred to as hard crowns. They have a gauranteed base value. They should not be confused with free crowns gifted at the end of chapters or earned from invested crowns.
Syntax: PURCHASE < amount of crowns > CROWNS
Syntax: PURCHASE < amount in US dollars > IN CROWNS
Crowns are always purchased using USD. This can be done anywhere in Avalon. When making a real money purchase, the value of your dollar increases significantly the more crowns you decide to buy. The rate of exchange follows a simple linear scale and you can purchase arbitrary amounts.
All prices are listed in crowns in Avalon. If you are ever uncertain as to the price of something in USD, you can query the cost in USD of a number of crowns, how many crowns a given amount of USD would buy, or what an item in the Curiosity Shop's price is in USD.
Displays the current rates of sale for CROWNS per U.S dollar. Crowns obtained increase significantly through bulk purchases, which creates a global discount model for all Avalon purchaseables.
- 9 CROWNS costs 5 USD @ 1.80 rate ( 36 lessons)
- 50 CROWNS costs 25 USD @ 2.00 rate ( 200 lessons)
- 105 CROWNS costs 50 USD @ 2.10 rate ( 420 lessons)
- 220 CROWNS costs 100 USD @ 2.20 rate ( 880 lessons)
- 600 CROWNS costs 250 USD @ 2.40 rate ( 2400 lessons)
- 1300 CROWNS costs 500 USD @ 2.60 rate ( 5200 lessons)
- 2800 CROWNS costs 1000 USD @ 2.80 rate ( 11200 lessons)
- 7500 CROWNS costs 2500 USD @ 3.00 rate ( 30000 lessons)
Moreover, the higher subscription tiers include a monthly rebate of cut-rate crowns.
- 16 crowns per month for Bronze (8 USD) @ 2.00 crowns per dollar
- 35 crowns per month for Silver (15 USD) @ 2.33 crowns per dollar
- 60 crowns per month for Gold (25 USD) @ 2.40 crowns per dollar
- 150 crowns per month for Platinum (50 USD) @ 3.00 crowns per dollar
This command will show you two things. At the top you will see your total crowns purchased, and any gains you may have accrued thanks to wise investing. Then comes the amount of crowns you have out and ready to be spent.Beneath this you will see the current prices for crowns, as well as the unit price of dollars to crowns.
From this point, crowns in hand, you have three options. You can of course spend your crowns immediately, hold onto them for later, or invest them with an eye to increasing your haul as an insider trader.