In celebrating the equinox, Father Winter has mounted the heavens in his chariot of snow. His storm fills the entire sky, roaming from one village to another and scattering its prizes on whomever below.
The magical snowstorms have lured out three rare and mythical creatures: the millennial silver fireflies, the hardy reindeer of the north, and the elusive snow pixies. They now frolick in the blankets of snow left in Winter's wake, flitting in and out of view as though they too were made of snow.
Rumour has it that they venture from village to forest to mountain to town in search of the rare treasures hidden in the freshly fallen bounty of Winter's storm. Wherever the air is freshest, you may glimpse their passing.
The Winter Wonderland event is a peaceful teamwork event using three shapeforms to create special snowflakes which may be redeemed for prizes at the end of the event. Snowflake shards are discovered through a symbiotic relationship between the three shapeforms. The following sequence of activities are performed in a cycle:
- Graze in Fresh Snow: reindeer graze in snow freshly fallen and yet untouched by humans; they naturally enchant the snows when snow pixies witness them grazing
- Snowball Fights: humans throw snowballs at each other, frightening away any reindeer or fireflies; in the resulting mess, if the snow was enchanted by reindeer, there is a chance of finding snowflake shards
- Find Snowflake Shards: snow pixies are the only ones who may see and manipulate snowflake shards; they can find fresh shards upon returning to a recently deserted snowball fight. Shards will melt over time
- Find Silver Fireflies: reindeer are the only ones who can see and track down a swarm of silver fireflies, which are used by snow pixies to fuse shards into snowflakes; fireflies appear with virgin snowfall
- Crystallise Snowflakes: guided by reindeer, snow pixies can crystallise three shards into an unbreakable snowflake whenever they are alone and in the presence of an (invisible) swarm of silver fireflies
- human form is available anytime
- reindeer form is available when solitary and in snow
- snow pixie form is available when solitary and in snow
- reindeer bolt with fear at the sight of a human
- silver fireflies are appear in fresh snowfall
- fireflies scatter at the first sign of a human
- only humans can fight with snowballs
- only reindeer can see fireflies
- only snow pixies can see snowflake shards
- snowflake shards cannot be retrieved in presence of humans
- snowflake shards will melt in one Avalon day
In the Winter Wonderland event, everyone is encouraged to participate. There are three forms between which you may change under the right circumstances:
- HUMAN: necessary for snowball fights, which packs reindeer-touched snow into winter shards. This form is always available.
- REINDEER: necessary to eat snow-covered plants and to find silver firefly swarms to enchant winter shards. This form is only available where snow is yet untouched by humans.
- SNOWPIXIE: necessary to see winter shards left after snowball fights and to enchant shards by the (invisible) presence of silver fireflies. This form is only available when humans are not present.
Custom shapeforms of the reindeer and snow pixie are also available. These shapeforms are permanent possessions after the event. Both have a small bonus akin to blessed luck.
Each snowflake represents a chance at opening prize containers. Small boxes will cost two snowflakes, medium will cost five, and large ones will cost eight snowflakes.