Here is a bullet point list of important warfare fixes/tweaks all militarists should know about. Have a look at the SIEGE command too.
- Damage, attack speed, facing, formation and distance factors tweaked and adjusted for archery and mortar-bombing legion combat.
- Archers (bow+arrow) and projectiles (bomb+catapult) attack methods restored to functionality.
- It is no longer possible to position a legion behind fortifications and enjoy free-range attack potential while remaining invulnerable.
- Engagement against a legion partially manning fortifications will now allow only the exposed men (whatever % is not deployed to man forts, or if forts are too small to accomodate) to attack and be attacked.
- Legions actively manning fortifications are no longer able to attack or be attacked while the manning continues.
- Fortification strikeback against besieging troops tweaked to intended levels.
- Siege damage tweaked to appropriate levels, distinctions implemented between city-gatehouse and village-non-gatehouse fortifications.
- Catapult and mortar-bombing siege restored to functionality.
All other bugfixes you should know about by them having gone into the FIXED lists if you've BUG entered stuff. I'd advise look at the DUTY JOURNALIST too as this 'cover story' duty is actually a cool information gathering ability for young/middling citizens that provides extra commands for a city/guild high command.
Written and shown unedited exactly as rendered by text based game bulletin board on Avalon Online RPG and by my hand on the 14th of Paglost, in the year 1379.