Festooning is a ceremonial performed using four flowers found about the land, each of which symbolise a different component of divinity.
The flowers are:
1. a black rose
2. a glowing ambrosia flower
3. wisteria bloom
4. a black lotus flower
Type FESTOONED to see locations in your area already festooned and get an idea of the number of locations worth tracking down to beautify with your floral offering.
Type FESTOON on its own while you hold the four flowers in your inventory to complete the short but sweet ritual of festooning the location. This festooning will remain in place until the Rite of Union. It is only possible to FESTOON once per Avalon day unless specifically done in the presence of a fractal-soul or begun during a Rite, in which case the presiding deity will define the extent of possible festooning.
Festooning will benefit those partaking of the well-meant ceremony. The extent of those benefits will be defined by the number of locations festooned but - more than this - by how many of the specific types of location you have managed to embellish.
NOTE: your festooning will not only be beneficial to yourself but all those listed as a FRIEND so in a sense the effort of a group one.
The following location types cannot be festooned: the skies, the open seas, underground 'void' atmospheric types, divine planes, locations holy above and beyond three markings.
Here is a list of the paradigm location types, thirty-six in total, representing a perfect completion of the festooning ceremony for any mortal diligent and quick enoug to complete:
1. where the jet-black milestones are
2. ancient forest entrances (as per ENTRANCES command)
3. knock knock locations for guildhouse admission
4. locations with small ivy-covered milestones
5. anywhere touched by the last steps of a historical Avalonian
(type PRESENCES to see those touches and anybody named in HELP 24 "life in Avalon" is a historical Avalonian)
6. locations with 2 holy markings
7. any location home to a crowd of villagers
8. founding stone locations for any of the cities or towns
9. locations where you find named CCCs like Orestes and Cormellon and Wykoshia
10. non-holy locations beyond or outside of the sphere of seeing stone power
11. locations of permanent reset point for cherub placement of quest/puzzle items and treasure and artifacts
12. gatehouses with fortifications no matter where or whose
13. locations where there is a way in but no way out!
14. locations adjacent to flags of a different city, i..e. edges of spheres of influence
15. anywhere the rivers meet the land or meet non-river locations
16. all locations where one may find a guild tutor
17. anywhere in the palace or home of a monarch - a CCC of holy blood
18. a location where "there is a special feeling in the air hereabouts"
19. locations where a bubbling compost heap has been built to completion
20. home locations for the leaders or Thane CCC of any of the villages
21. a location in which a living willow tree can be found
22. holy locations of any type of Cornelius or Xanthe
23. the outside of any barracks or field-worker dormitory
24. fields of any kind providing they have been fertile this past decade
25. locations where you may graze livestock on grasslands or meadows
26. anywhere SURVEY shows "ramparts" or "eyrie" or "spring" atmospheric type.
27. shops and stalls and mercantile establishments with GOODS or merchants
28. any location surveying as "Heavens" area - divine or celestial surrounds
29. locations marked as "road" in SURVEY as public thoroughfares
30. the highest altitude location in a particular area also under the sky
31. the lowest altitude location of any particular area, village or city
32. anywhere marked hilltop, pinnacle or summit in GLANCE brief description
33. the surface of lakes, rivers and sea where it is possible to FESTOON
34. libraries or taverns
35. any location shielded by the "distinct feeling of privacy"
36. any private home or garden providing the owner is you, a friend, or away