Here is a slightly more detailed analysis of the results :-
1. Mohrion. 25263 points total (5/5 rounds won, 555 personal points)
2. Arthor. 21636 points total (4/5 rounds won, 1870 personal points)
3. Threap. 20321 points total (4/5 rounds won, 555 personal points)
4. Magdalene. 19959 points total (4/5 rounds won, 193 personal points)
5. Orinoko. 19766 points total (4/5 rounds won, 0 personal points)
6. Edgtho. 16672 points total (3/5 rounds won, 1848 personal points)
7. Maiya. 15555 points total (3/5 rounds won, 730 personal points)
8. Koenen. 15490 points total (3/5 rounds won, 665 personal points)
9. Dunccan. 14824 points total (3/5 rounds won, 0 personal points)
10. Alarius. 10519 points total (2/5 rounds won, 636 personal points)
Orinoko overall demonstrated the most expertise in controlling the sands
unfortunately this only made him instrumental in the outcome rather than
the victor as he neglected his personal points and even more damagingly
found himself on the losing team for one of the rounds.
Conversely Arthor commanded domination of most of the personal points up
for grabs but dropped the ball in round 2, spending more time offering
bodies and not enough time worrying about the sands for his team mates
and therefore losing that round.
As a final point, just to clarify, Mohrion won the quest and the gem.
Written by my hand on the 5th of Midwinter, in the year 1101.