Presided by Elmaethor. Format: Battlesands [TEAM]. Quest Area: Battleisle. The gem quest format is Battle-sands; competition over the sands of time as per HELP SANDS. The sands must be held in "open play" at all times; they cannot be placed on steeds, in containers, sacks or packs. They cannot be taken indoors or above the clouds. Runes and traps are ineffectual protections. Divine alkar and peaceful effects are terminated by the presence of one of the sands.
The quest will be held over a number of consecutive "rounds" of at least fifteen to thirty minutes. Points are gained and lost by both team and individual performance throughout each round; gained for gaining possession of the sand, slaying opponents, ongoing time holding the sands, lost for death, surrendering the sands, riding the ship of death. The POINTS command has details of specific in-the-moment points rules.
There will be NO eliminations from the quest until the end of Round #3.
JOIN GEMQUEST to declare your intent to participate.
Commands: SANDS, TEAMS, PTS and TABLE plus TABLE TEAMS for team by team ranks.
The SANDS command displays the location and current holder of all sands in play. The TEAMS command, once the quest has begun, will list all gem quest participants and their respective teams. TABLE lists the points league by individual, TABLE TEAMS points scored by teams. Type PTS to display the current accurate details on point scoring rules.
Communication: CCT <text> speaks to your team in private. CCTT <text> speaks to all questors and all Gods.
Fundamental rules for Battlesands:
1. Equipment loss will be OFF as per standard arena conditions.
2. Experience loss from death will be OFF.
3. Bloodlust restrictions will be DISABLED.
4. Combat ranks will be DISABLED.
5. Use of ZOOM to the sands will be ALLOWED.
6. Avatar and knightly armourforms are DISABLED.
7. Longwounds are OFF.
8. Dryads and Ents will be DISALLOWED on the isle.
9. Use of flight to the skies will be ALLOWED but only on the isle.
10. Dryad and ent activity will be DISABLED.
11. Smokes, mists and fogs are ALLOWED.
12. Use of globestaves and runestaves is UNRESTRICTED.
13. Use of crystal heart is ALLOWED.
14. Use of PRESIENCE is ALLOWED.
15. Sands will not persist in locations with PEACE.
16. Rules will be kept up to the moment for whenever you type RULES.
17. Warfare will be disabled throughout the quest.
18. Trinkets will NOT be allowed.
19. Entering portals while holding the sands is DISABLED.
Remember that while there are points for kills and losses for deaths the fundamental objective of the BATTLE SANDS QUEST is to compete for possession of the sands. Keep this in mind.
Gathering for the event will begin for a 10PM start by the Avalon clock (5PM Eastern time). FOUR teams shall begin. Captains may volunteer but presiding deity will ensure balance. Those who wish to fight on the same team should let it be known.
There will be FOUR sands for the opening rounds. Elimination will not begin until at least three rounds into the contest. Teams may be adjusted for balance throughout.
Any questions should be directed at Elmaethor.