Avalon Alerts allow you to be notified when important events happen in the land, even if you are not present, by means of a text message to your mobile phone. For example, you may choose to be alerted when a friend sends you a message, or when scouts report enemy troops entering your sphere of influence.
The full list of alerts you may configure is available on HELP ALERTTYPES.
You have full control over the alerts you receive, and the timeframes in which you will receive them. HELP ALERTTYPES details the list of alerts you may turn on and off. HELP ALERTCOMS details all the commands to configure alerts.
Here's the quick-start guide to getting alerts up and working:
1. First, you need to make sure we can deliver to your country. Check that it is listed in HELP COUNTRIES. You'll also find the international dialling code there, beginning +. For example, the UK is +44.
2. Next, you need to check that your phone number is in the correct international format. This begins the the + prefix earlier and you typically omit the leading 0. Remove all spaces or dashes too. The UK phone number 07799 123123 becomes +447799123123. The US phone number 415-123-1234 becomes +14151231234.
3. Type INFO to confirm that your phone number is listed in this format. If it's not, you'll need to REGISTER to correct it.
4. You'll need to buy alert credits. One credit doesn't necessarily equal one alert, check HELP COUNTRIES to see how many credits it'll take for each alert. ALERTBUY will allow you to buy credits.
6. Select the individual alerts you wish to receive. HELP ALERTTYPES lists the alerts. ALERT <alert type> ON/OFF will turn that alert on or off.
7. There's a "master" on/off switch for alerts. This can be used if you don't want to be alerted for a period of time. You can temporarily disable all alerts using ALERTS DISABLE and enable them again by ALERTS ENABLE. It'll remember your previous individual alert choices.